PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private Flight To Be Banned.
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2019, 11:19
old,not bold

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by LKinnon
After being caught out with a blatant lie, saying ".. it's only ... a parody" does not cut it.

In what sense is putting in the original post
"my fictional press release"
being caught out with a blatant lie? Who did the catching?

From where I sit in the UK I can see a lot of politicians who would love to "pick the low-hanging fruit" that is GA, with the populist rhetoric we in the UK are getting at this moment from the Left.

I've been listening to it for years in planning enquiries, consultation meetings, etc etc, about airfield developments. If I've heard one objector asking why on earth people want to buzz around her lovely home in these noisy little planes I've heard 100, and plenty of politicians, local and national, would love to jump on the band-wagon offered by climate change politics. I've seen 2 MPs grandstanding in the same consultative briefing about an airfield development, each one lying knowingly and consistently with false "statistics" and sound-bites to please the mob, sorry, his constituents. As they continued to do shamelessly when we all went before the Transport Select Committee to argue the toss.

The reduction of non-commercial GA facilities is a process that's well under way in the UK. I would include flying clubs and schools in that; the training they offer is a commercial activity, of course, but for the most part will be concentrated in large centralised FTOs within the foreseeable future as political, environmental, regulatory and financial pressures on small clubs/schools and airfields increase.

The OP's fanciful fiction is nearer to reality, in the UK at least, than some people seem to realise.