PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2/FR/TUI
Thread: Jet2/FR/TUI
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2019, 17:54
rotorwills

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well to just to be clear, I don't work and never have worked, I mean worked in the real sense of the word for either of these two outfits. So I may in many eyes not be fit to make a judgement and a call.

Firstly, the saying , the grass is greener on the other side, or words to that effect should be considered.

i take it that you guys are not life experienced and by that mean you ain't in your middle fifties. No you are in your twenties. Now we have all been there, and listening to experienced advice is a no no. So with this in mind, stay we you are, get command, get at least 2000 hours plus and then start to consider options if they appear. The world out there, and here, is not such a straightforward place to be living in. Many guys I know have been through the ringer in Avaition, capital A, it can be cruel and can be rewarding, it's a life that some accept as its in their blood. Others see it as a step to make money, no problem with that but please don't regard having hundreds of people's lives in your hands as a right to monetary gain or lifestyle that you want unless you are prepared to be totally professional and take this serious step to command. I have seen so many ex cadets from various outfits who after 2,2.5, 3000 hours think they are fit to command an aircraft who completely fail standards of only a few years ago, Plenty posts in these forums have echoed the need for serious experience for shippers but we all know that airlines have to provide fast track conveyor belt crew.

well my advice for what is worth, stay we you are. Rosters vary as do conditions and companys. Better the devil you know sometimes is best.