PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I'd love a bit of guidance
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2019, 06:05
Langeveldt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd love a bit of guidance

Hi all

So I am thinking at the age of 32 of jumping back into flying.

Backstory, I have 205 hours, flying since 18. Got all my commercial subjects but didn't test, as I ran out of money and love for it really. I used to put a lot of pressure on myself and one iffy landing would ruin my month. I'd like to think I am a bit older and more relaxed now.

I am originally from the UK, but have lived in the Netherlands, South Africa and New Zealand. Career-wise I would like to settle in one of those countries. All my training was done in South Africa (but a long time ago).

My ideal aircraft to fly would be the 737-800 long term.

One gripe I had with my flight training when I was young was there was no career guidance. I was with a flying club, and although very friendly, they offered nothing in terms of direction, and I thought I was throwing money at nothing in the end.

I am single and have no ties except for an elderly father in the UK. I have GBP 25K of savings, and I work from home, which is ideal, as it allows me to be mobile.

So I am sat with an expired PPL, and a desire to hit things hard again... Where would you go from here ladies and gentlemen?