PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA A320. Onion bahjis smell.
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2019, 13:07
lomapaseo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Radgirl
A few lines of second hand information is meaningless. The captain's situation isnt clear as there was a communication issue. I would love to see the actual saturation readings in the hospital as I struggle to reconcile this with any known condition. On the face of it both felt unwell and had a temperature so looking at a viral infection... we often find several nurses go ill on the same shift......But not as sexy as organophosphate toxicity

I am more worried with the finding that the 2 pilots couldn't communicate with each other with masks on. Either they didnt use them properly, indicating a training issue, or the equipment had a fault. Surely this is far more serious in terms of the risk of a recurrent hazard?
It's happened before in smoke issues (B777 LHR) and will happen again. The crew needs to understand this difficulty and develop work-arounds. I've been in cockpits during turbulence when the background noise from rattling panels was so loud that the crew had to yell to communicate. I felt that this latest incident crew handled it well