PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Radio Procedures at/near Ballina - CASA
Old 26th Nov 2019, 10:27
extralite

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Ballina is the Byron Gateway. All sorts of non RPT traffic have enjoyed this beautiful part of our country for many decades. So a RPT pilot doesn't want 'old matey in his RA registered aircraft calling up he is coastal". Wow. Get over yourselves. That's what he is supposed to do. Just load the Rnav..Watch it fly the 10 mile finals and everyone gets out of the way. Seeya later 20 mins after as you head back to Sydney. Its not rocket science. t's never seems to be much of any issue except for the serial whingers. Sure the frequency is congested because 4 airfields are on the one frequency. . That is the source of most of our frustration. But constant whining about Ballina radio (who are totally professional in.my experience) through to anyone who is not flying RPT is a bore..It's not a safety issue IMO. .It's an ego issue as is so often the case in aviation where everyone thinks everyone else shouldn't be there or is at least a pain in their ass. It's a beautiful place and people other tHan RPT should have access to it.

It's odd because i find that in the real world, pilots and ATC are so professional and courteous almost all the time.. I am constantly impressed by ATC because it seems such a thankless job. Be nice to see more positivity here too but maybe the long hours doing the same thing tend to knock that out and i can understand that.