PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lossiemouth Upgrades
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2019, 19:58
HAS59

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by alwayslookingup
I have to say, folks, that in all the years I've been reading Pp where Scottish Independence has been discussed, this seems to me to be the most reasonable and mature discussion I've seen. Is that because, as time passes, people are starting to contemplate the possibility Independence may actually occur?!!
That may be because the topic is close to the Maritime heart and has drawn comment from those of us who have lived for decades in Moray.
We have seen the Independence Issue grow from within Scotland, rather than being mere bystanders looking at it from without.
We have seen communities divided on the issue mindful that a proud and keenly felt sense of Nationalism is a fundamental part of life in Scotland.
I am a guilty as most for allowing 'thread-creep' on here for which I apologise. I hope the dialog has been worth it.
I respectfully ask, once again ...
''What is it the Independence movement hope to gain, that they do not already have?''
''Has whatever it is, been balanced against what may or may not be lost?''
''What is it that would need to change to make Independent minded Scots happy to stay in the union?''