PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unemployed (as pilots) fATPL holders
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2019, 12:25
paul_v1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by onionabroad
Ha very interesting thread. I’m at the point in my life now that I’m rather bored of my current ITish job, and an seriously considering moving into aviation.

I know I can support my family and do the fATPL training in the background over the next 5 years, but the question of whether it will be worth it is a big one. I’ve had a love for aviation for decades, but also have just stated a family… currently just shy of £50k in my current job, I do wonder about what is considered “low pay” and what salary increases are realistic.

Luckily, in line with this thread, because I have a job already I’m not hugely concerned if it takes a few years of applications … but the investment vs a potential non-return thought is always there.
Always follow what is truly driving you, your family and wife will be thankful for that and test you if you really want what you chose. It will be hard but thats the way to fulfillment. Imagine being in a movie, youre the lead star and your son/daughter/wife is watching that movie. Its up to you how itll turn out.