PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots vote to strike
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2019, 08:29
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Xulu
This bewildering capitulation just cannot be understated. I can only imagine the reps have been offered large brown envelopes under the table if this goes through.
I know feelings are running high but even so....don't forget many of the senior reps volunteered to put themselves in the firing line on the two days of actual IA, and along with many other BALPA members are living with the sanctions, and have had their time available to concentrate on Union activities curtailed by the company.....so all in all I'm still willing to cut them some slack.

I think the big big stuff up was the initial tactics plus I suspect many of the reps and some of the members didn't really predicte the "ferocity" of the company's response....A two day block of IA was never going to cut it..after all BA has had plenty of practice at dealing with two day of disruption so all it really did was give the company an opportunity to demonstrate it's will and then the pilots had time to stew over the possible consequences before any further further call to arms.

More than 12 weeks into the dispute period heaven knows what else the company has "offered" the reps if there is a return to IA under the existing mandate but I can guess it won't be money in brown envelopes...