PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - International Men's Day
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2019, 18:59
Raph737

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bulldog89

Please, list me just one, only one thing a woman born in 1989 wasn't able to do due to her gender.

I don't even know who this Milo is. The "historical" fact is history, past, not actual. Nobody with a functioning brain would ever deny that.
What I'm saying is that now things are being (or are already) reversed, and that's not equality, it's just another discrimination.

How can I compete in a competition open only to women? I'm not fearful, I'm pissed off from this!

My statement was not limited to the aviation world. Anyway, talking about white caucasian men being discriminated easyJet really comes to my mind, just to name one.
How can you increase your percentage of women pilots from 5 to 20% in two years when the 95% of applicants are men, guaranteeing the same selection standards? Are all women pilots geniuses?

If gender does not count, why is literally still in the first page of every online application of ANY airline?

1. Sure, I will go further and give you a whole study, from the united nations, showing that you were better off and given more opportunities than most women, being born in 1989. Rest my case here... (https://www.undp.org/content/dam/und...ed_Ch5_low.pdf )

2. No, it hasn't been reversed. You are having a "poor me" attitude because you can't get a flying job and other female cadets, seem to be surpassing you, even with the current push, the numbers still nowhere near and there is still not enough interest from their part. What people are trying to do is to motivate and inspire young girls to take careers in STEM. It's about the mentality, you should consider yours too.

3. You admit here that you are pissed off. But many years ago women couldn't even apply, so now we know how they feel like. And in all honesty, the only airline that attempted a female-only program, fell flat(EZY). Easyjet had to change the requirements and I agree with you that it wasn't done properly.
That said, you can go to China and earn a ton of money there, Muslims and black and women cant. You can apply to most opportunities in Asia, Africa and they cant.
Corporate jets? The same. It's widespread and my point is, again, that men have not been discriminated in aviation.

4. No, I don't believe them to be geniuses. Again, the push is to equality of opportunity, not of outcome.

5. When you get to the flight deck you will see certain attitudes by captains of a different generation and you will understand why some women are put off by the profession.

6. Populism? no. Open source, there is a wealth of information online and if you're passionate about the subject, you'll see that this thread is absolute nonsense.

7. In regards to your FTO example, what country was this? and your FTO was cynical in using a serious issue to capitalize on her social media following, and using for a cheap PR opportunity. Is it her fault tho? Would you take it if it was you? food for thought. Also, what makes you think she would perform worse than you in an airline assessment? Who are you to judge her capabilities?

Wasting your time buddy, but good chat.
I have failed pretty girls at interviews for not having the right stuff. But in the UK there is more transparency(nor perfect still).