PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - International Men's Day
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2019, 18:25
bulldog89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raph737
You had zero advantages on women since you were born, in 1989? Hahahaha okay then.

Please, list me just one, only one thing a woman born in 1989 wasn't able to do due to her gender.

Men aren’t being discriminated, unless they are black or muslin, can give you names of several airlines who wont hire them. What revenge mate? Watching too many videos of Milo Yanopolous and far away from the realities we face.
We are talking about aviation, but in the grand scheme of things, you cannot deny the historical facts that we did and we still do have the upper hand. At least I’m honest enough to check my privilege rather than whine about gays having a parade and I don't.
I don't even know who this Milo is. The "historical" fact is history, past, not actual. Nobody with a functioning brain would ever deny that.
What I'm saying is that now things are being (or are already) reversed, and that's not equality, it's just another discrimination.

Pay gap? You’ve answered your own question and also proved the point that the pilot market is men led, 90%+ men, as you put it, thanks for that. Give them the opportunity to compete with us, just make sure you’re good enough to beat them, why so fearful?
How can I compete in a competition open only to women? I'm not fearful, I'm pissed off from this!

HR have more women and are hiring more men? What a ludicrous, moronic statement. There aren’t enough women training, there’s not enough in the talent pool so these women will pick the men by default. Men have the freedom to apply as they please to all jobs, had you have any recruitment experience you’d know that caucasian men are not discriminated anywhere in the modern world.
My statement was not limited to the aviation world. Anyway, talking about white caucasian men being discriminated easyJet really comes to my mind, just to name one.
How can you increase your percentage of women pilots from 5 to 20% in two years when the 95% of applicants are men, guaranteeing the same selection standards? Are all women pilots geniuses?

If gender does not count, why is literally still in the first page of every online application of ANY airline?

Last edited by bulldog89; 23rd Nov 2019 at 18:37.