PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - International Men's Day
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2019, 18:01
bulldog89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raph737
"Oh poor us, so oppressed, so disadvantaged for centuries, we really need a day of affirmation", want a straight pride too? Of course, let's think of all those years where a man couldn't apply for pilot jobs, it was only for women, gay, and blacks... terrible...
Cry me a river...how pathetic this is...
So discriminating men is justified because in the past they had the upper hand?
I'll tell you something: I was born in 1989, I had ZERO advantages on women in my entire life and I really had enough to hear the opposite.

So the question is: are you looking for equality or revenge? Because "positive discrimination" seems just a subtle way to indicate the second option to me.
Maybe you'd like to talk about parental rights, quotas in low-paid high-fatigue jobs, lower selection standards reserved to women in public roles (just think about the Army or the Air Force) or why women can retire years before I'd be able to, even if my life expectancy as a man is lower.
Or someone could kindly explain to me how are we still talking about the "pay gap", another amazing term with absolutely no sense which compares salaries without weighting the average? It doesn't take a genius ti understand why men in aviation earn 50% more than women when 90% of pilots are men and 90% of cabin crews are women...

Another funny thing to talk about is that an HR department is usually 95% women and 5% men, yet listening to social warriors they're hiring more men instead of women? Are women discriminating themselves?

Amazing days to live in, amazing days...