PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - International Men's Day
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2019, 17:48
Raph737

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by go-around flap 15
To be honest, I would tend to agree with your sentiment also. Reminds me of when I would ask my parents why there isn't a 'kids day' if there is mother and fathers day. Only for it to be explained that every day is kids day

People should really grow up a little.
Exactly, they should! From the many years of experience, I have in pilot recruitment( before becoming a pilot myself), I have never witnessed men being discriminated against for being men in this industry. On the other hand, I can bore you to death with stories where the airline clients would tell me to bar candidate X for being black, Y for being female, or Z for being gay, muslin, etc...

These guys feel so threatened that the status quo is being challenged, that they have to have a moan about our current push for equality. Aviation has been a white man game for decades, what is so bad about trying to inspire young girls to take a shot at the flight deck, or minorities for that matter? I would love my daughter to be seen as equal.

If you're secure about your abilities, give them a level playfield and let the best of the lot get the best positions, regardless of gender/race/sexuality. That's all the "trumpets of diversity" been shouting about.

Scared, insecure little boys will feel the need to complain about International men's day. It is literally every day as we rule most things!