PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lossiemouth Upgrades
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2019, 16:54
alwayslookingup

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wrathmonk
Unless of course if they were 16 or 17 and decided, of their own free will, to go and join ISIS.....only to lose the battle and want to come home upon which the "hand wringers" would tell you that a 16 or 17 year old is not mature enough to make decisions.

Anyway, I thought this thread was going to be about who might be the new Honorary Air Commodore at Lossiemouth....
The OP was about Lossie upgrades but by Post 2 it had degenerated into the usual Jockistani bashing. Along the way there has been much prejudice and ill informed comment as well as some fairly well considered comment. I've posed a few questions which nobody's taken on (future QRA/location of nukes). But the fact remains, if/when Scotland becomes independent, a newly independent England will have an awful lot of searching and potentially very expensive defence questions to answer. Why don't we just leave it at that? By the way, oor Nicola aced the debate last night!! And nobody in the audience had the cojones to bring up defence, which I guess shows just how much the average punter worries about it in the general scheme of things.