PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots vote to strike
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2019, 06:00
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think we need to wait and see the full details and maybe find out (if we ever do) what was being threatened if the pilots had walked out again but initially it's disappointing to say the least.

BA BALPA is going to lose members, that's for sure, and listening to some conversations/reading some thoughts last night it could well cost BA some pilots - certainly some of the younger cohort are talking about commands, command pay, and whether a career at BA makes economic sense anymore (if it ever did for them)

Elsewhere (?DEP thread) I mentioned the possibility of this dispute ending badly for the Union. If asked today then using a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is complete destruction of the Union, 5 is neutral, and 10 is the Union winning hands down ATM I'm finding it difficult to give BALPA more than 3 out of 10 ...

BTW having gone through the last BACC bulletin I'm struggling to find anything that ties in with the Guardian claim that:

The deal also offers improvements to working conditions, including rosters.
Anyone clue me in on that, because I can't see any mention of improvement in official comms?

Last edited by wiggy; 23rd Nov 2019 at 06:27.