PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lossiemouth Upgrades
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2019, 10:48
alwayslookingup

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jambo Jet
Would be interested to know just how many servicemen would be happy just to switch to the Scottish Royal Air Force after a successful Independence process? Pay, pensions, opportunities, location -there are many things that would need to be more attractive than they currently are for any Scotsman or Englishman being induced to serve in the SRAF. I think there might be an exodus of personnel to pastures south of Hadrians wall. I don't think there is much support for an independent Scotland for those Scots currently serving in the RAF. I know I wouldn't fancy it!
That's fine, JJ. But at least you are aware of the issues that would need to be covered and opened up to any future discussions. Nobody has any definitive answers to the questions you have posed, but at least you are a little bit more open minded to it than some of the previous posters above. One last point, I'm not sure it would be called the Scottish Royal Air Force. There's no denying the affection a great many Scots have for the Queen, me included, nationalist or unionist. But as for the rest of the shower....