PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Further damage to GA by airport operators
Old 22nd Nov 2019, 03:35
Aussie Bob

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
As for hi viz. you can’t go to any workplace these days to areas which are not generally accessible to the public without one. Argue all you like about whether or not they are necessary but it will not be you in the witness box explaining to counsel at an inquest as to the reasons why you did not find it necessary to impose a simple mitigation measure
Oh dear, is that what we have arrived at or is that taken from some scare rave at an OH&S meeting or ARO training day? We are talking about walking around on an airport here, not hanging out under a crane on a building site.

Aussies seem to have lost the plot. I often visit the USA where this litigation stuff supposedly originated. Safety vests seem optional most places in the USA, even at a big building site I recently visited in Kansas City, very few folk were wearing them. Cranes were operating, lots going on. No-one asked me to put one on. I guess the Yanks take personal responsibility a bit more seriously than Aussies do.

But back to the airports ..... and the guvmint that privatised them. Short memories abound in Australia too. Some of the bastards that promoted this privatisation and sell it to your mates ****e are still in office.

Last edited by Aussie Bob; 22nd Nov 2019 at 03:46.