PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2019, 06:08
Capt Colonial

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ExtraShot

I'm sure there was plenty of it (because I can tell you there most certainly still is, and I’m not on the 747), it’s just there wasn’t really a well-used internet platform to vent it publicly.
That's a valid point by ExtraShot!

If individuals are thin-skinned, I might suggest that they not run for a representative position on AIPA, AFAP, VIPA, QPA or any other Pilot association, entity or representative body. It appears to be a thankless job at most, and most don’t do it for the position or if it exists, any measure of prestige or power.

Such office, as realists will know, is subject to criticism from many quarters (sometimes justified and sometimes not) and as times and policy change, individuals and committees will reach an industrial “use by date”. Staying in touch with the membership and the aspirations and industrial desires of the membership over time would appear to be an aid to long term viability.

If not, change happens, as illustrated most recently at the AIPA elections!

Yes, some individuals make career moves that could open them to ridicule or conjecture (whether deserved or not). If the rules of any entity allow individuals to take up managerial appointments, and that’s unpalatable to the majority of members, then perhaps the members need to adjust the rules?

Perhaps the real measure of any representative entity, official or committee is if the elected official or officials leave the working environment for Pilots in a better position industrially than when they originally took the office.

A very big call as Project Sunrise stands!