PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2019, 05:10
Gear in transit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lookleft
And you are clearly an AFAP member, there you go one all. So tell us from your side of the fence what you think will happen? What would type of PIA would you like to see and what do you want to see as a result of it? From what I have seen from those agitating for PIA they just want to vent and let of steam because AJ gets 24m a year! No one has said or discussed what they want to be the result of PIA they just want PIA. After the PIA the agreement still has to be finalised and from what I can tell that stage hasn't been reached. So what happens after PIA and you don't like the agreement, do you then go through the laborious process of applying for PIA again? Just to be clear no Jetstar pilot is going on strike over Christmas be they AFAP or AIPA so the question is, what is the point?
What do I think will happen? One of two things.... depending on what is around the corner with the intro of the 321LR. (What that is will be anyones guess)
If JQ management have some sh!t sandwich they want to the crew to swallow with the rollout of this fleet, they will want an agreement quickly before it arrives. No good having an open EBA that could allow the troops to facilitate conditions that doesn't fit with the business model. Thus it will force Jq management to come up something quickly.

Other option (more likely) this will drag out as a protracted, 'greedy pilots,' 'we can't afford,' 'the QF wages policy,' 'headwinds on the horizon,' 'rising fuel costs,' 'Lionair are coming,' 'Air asia are coming,' 'unsustainable claims' and so on we've all heard before.

If you were only half listening to the crew, I would probably agree with you that
"No one has said or discussed what they want to be the result of PIA they just want PIA'
however if you have a listen to the rest of the story, it would reveal that most people just want the company to negotiate fairly and without the bulls!t QF policies that have been made up on the fly and are only there when convenient to disadvantage. If its ever a QF policy to our advantage, the answer is 'No, your low cost.'
The company negotiators are utter muppets that have no authority, bargaining ability or say in any future of the agreement. They are merely there is stalwarts who aren't actually allowed to make any decisions, hence the reaction that your getting from the crew.

So what happens after PIA and you don't like the agreement, do you then go through the laborious process of applying for PIA again?
In a word, probably.
I think most people are expecting to get locked out, as AJ has done before. If they aren't, they should be.
The QF dispute was put to bed after FWA conceded 'fears that an extended period of grounding would do significant damage to the national economy, especially with regards to the tourism and mining sectors.' I highly doubt the same could be said for JQ, but hey you never know.