PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyer Training Show - What did you think?
Old 12th Nov 2003, 05:11
Charlie Zulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After the initial shock of my face turning red when a friends mobile started spurting out a christmas melody half way through BA's seminar (prompting everyone else to turn their mobiles off), we recovered and found the exhibition to be pretty good overall.

However, we found the seminar's, although good this time round, seemed to be in a different style to April's. The seminars in April's seemed to be geared towards people who were starting out on their flight training road whereas this time around was more geared towards individual airline requirements etc.

Before Saturday I had my mind made up about which ground school I was use (Bristol Ground School), but now since speaking to London Metropolitan University, I am torn between the two schools.

I like the sound of the three modules instead of two, the three weeks of classroom revision instead of four (easier for time off work, even though there will be a couple of extra days for exam sittings), etc... London Met's notes seemed pretty good and quite compact within their books, instead of folders that all other ground schools seemed to use.

Trying to make up my mind... still I have the pre-course information / brush up maths and physics revision notes being sent to me from London Metropolitan University.

We did miss the Astreus seminar so wouldn't mind someone writing a little bit on here?

We were hoping for someone to cancel so fogbound could carry out an impromptu seminar...

Best wishes,

Charlie Zulu.