PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Astana
Thread: Air Astana
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2019, 13:54
Pilot_29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good day guys and girls.I applied to Air Astana as NTR FO for A320 and took part at selection in October. Assessment was in Utrecht(EPST) and was divided into 5 parts:1)Advanced COMPASS; 2)CPP; 3)Sim on B737; 4)Group Excercise 5)Personal interview
1)Advanced COMPASS was not difficult.It contains Basic Mathematics,Memory,Multitasking(fly ILS using pedals and joystick) and some ATPL questions.
2)CPP-it is 225 questions regarding your personality.It designed to see potential risks from candidate(psyhological).
3)The most difficult for me was B737 sim(as I never had experience on this type during sim).YOU WILL REALLY NEED TO TRIM IT EACH 20 seconds.And simulator was quite incorrect(delays in 3sec. for trimming and other actions).
4)Group-The task-to build the bridge.Aim to look how you work in team and find potential leader.
5)Personal interview-they will ask about your motivation(why you apply;what do you know about AA and so on).The real thing-to explain them why you really need this job.

I didn't pass assesment,and did not received any feedback regarding which part I exactly failed!!! And from 5 candidates they select only 1 guy and asked him to come again for SIM Assesment. Because they aren't sureif his SIM was good or not !!!!!!

Summary: My opinion as an airline pilot, that it is quite unprofessional not to write feedback(for example WizzAir inform you after each step).Main thing you don't know, what was your failures during assesment. And from EPST side is also weird to call again guy for SIM assesment. How is it possible not to be sure about SIM??? It is additional expenses for guy to travel from Greece to Utrecht. And also after assesment,I asked HR guy about percentage who passing assesment-and it is only 15-20%.

So,I can only suggest to think twice before going to assessment. As such companies like Air Astana has still soviet mentality and their decision making is very strange! Also according my info-the company is very corrupted (like all Kazachstan), and in such assessments I don't think they will really evaluate your skills.