PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HK Government just doesn't get it
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2019, 14:34
Flex88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wha ?

Originally Posted by Asturias56
I suspect that Beijing isn't too happy with events in HK but as long as they don't spread to the rest of the country there is some mileage in letting things run - it shows people that a capitalist society isn't all roses, it means business will bypass HK and go direct to China proper and there is nothing like the threat of anarchy to eventually bring about a severe, local reaction.

Mr Xi meanwhile doesn't get branded as an oppressor or butcher but as a (fairly ) reasonable man allowing "devolved govt" run things - badly admittedly.
I like the way you used "Devolved Government". That said, I don't believe "1 Country 2 Systems" in its original form, "implied" that HK govt would be "devolved " re the Mainland Communist Party however it was obvious from day 1 that every Chief Executive and senior government official were vetted and rubber stamped by Beijing "prior" to any "elections"! If you can call them that...
HK has suffered at the hands of Puppet leaders since 1997, period.. It's the way it is and if you think differently you don't have sufficient lateral thought processes capabilities to operate an aircraft. Any big "Hong" leader (eg CX CEO's, Exec Dir ) in Hong Kong are now of the same ilk and suffer the same fate... Puppets gaged by fear (cowardice).

Last edited by Flex88; 19th Nov 2019 at 15:22.