PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HK Government just doesn't get it
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2019, 06:58
Oasis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For a group that wants a democratic Hong Kong, the protesters are not very good at stomaching people having other opinions.
If you clean up the road, you get beaten up, if you voice another opinion, you get beaten up, or set on fire.
I really get the feeling that this is more about anarchy, than democracy, and a little sprinkle of living GTA in real life, I get it, it's fun to break stuff.
One of the demands states that the protesters are to be let free unconditionally out of prison.
What about the guy that set that man on fire? Or the man that threw the brick at the old man's head? They are to be let out of prison too (if we ever catch them)?
The whole movement is very binary, if you're not with them, you're against them, and they seem hellbent on burning down the city to see what will happen.
It is my city too and this should not be allowed.
Economy is tanking, people are losing their jobs. It's all fine and dandy for the protesters since they don't have families to support.
I'm not pro-China either or pro-police, as they are, in some cases, far too heavy handed.

I suspect Hong Kong is being used as a pawn in the trade war between the USA and China, and this is why the protesters are getting monetary and media support.