PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2019, 03:58
SecretAngel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wingspar
Hi SA,

In my limited experience with negotiations, wouldn’t that put the ball in AIPA’s court?
Especially, since it would appear, no one seems to want to do that type of flying anyway?
Come the end of the year with AJ’s self imposed deadline, AIPA’s media announcement states a pilot agreement is not required until the next EA and at least six months before it’s introduction.
As has been stated by AIPA, an aircraft purchase is solely the responsibility of executive management.
From my equally armchair expertise, I'm not sure it matters too much one way or another. QF argue that they need to know whether the EA will enable effective ULH operations before ordering a dedicated ULH fleet (778, or an A35K configured for less than 300pax), which I don't think is a crazy argument.

But, ultimately, I think technical arguments about whether or not the EA is strictly necessary are a bit academic either way. My sense is that AIPA and pilots are at least happy to negotiate on that basis. Whether they'll reach an agreement, with what QF is pitching is a different question...!

Also, AIPA would have them over a barrel if they ordered a new type and only started negotiations a few months before delivery! "So, you want that plane you ordered to fly, hey...?"