PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2019, 03:57
fearcampaign

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunrise is an A380 Replacement. It’s Not growth.

I think I can find about 40 references to the word “growth” in the last EA with regard to the 787s.
Most of them came from the ex AIPA president Mr Safe, whom clearly had the interests of pilots as his foremost concern. Just after the ink was dry on the “growth” type, he went to the company to negotiate against the very pilots he claimed to represent. I’ll leave others to comment on the ethics of such a move.

Whomever Keg is was also adamant that he’d spoken to management and was told that Qantas would get at least 50 787s. He’s now got his panties in a twist and is trying to claim retirements, deaths, high divisors with 6 aircraft yet to be replaced and purporting those numbers to demonstrate “growth”.
At some point 14 787s minus 14 747s= 0
The math is not complex. But I suppose some people can also passionately believe in things that have no proof of existence.
14-14 equals zero , won’t ever convince a few true believers.

Both the chief pilot and executive have clarified this week that the 787 was a replacement type for the 747.
Narendra did let the cat out of the bag that Sunrise would be an A380 replacement at the dial in and many heard it. Oops!!
No one from management would give any remote assurances that Sunrise would not be an A380 replacement.

Its been done to death but Few pilots are interested in doing 22 hours at night in an airplane with the worst of jet lag With a ****ty crew rest, trying to share the toilets with passengers. At the end having to also wait for your bags, cabin crew, clear customs, Sit on a bus in traffic and wait for a hotel room to be ready about 25 hours after you signed on. That’s going to lose its novelty very quickly.
Not a vote winner if pilots are not going to get a proper contract to fly it, that does not acknowledge how extreme the duties are. Your doing a dangerous job for your body/health without adequate compensation nor conditions that protect you from that extreme duty.
Pilots are personally paying for the privilege of doing much ****tier flying.

Its a replacement type not a growth type. They can say it all they want but Qantas have form and a proven history on this. And that form says it’s a replacement. Are people going to fall for an exact replica of the same myth for a second time? Especially when the share price is nearing all time highs and bonuses and profits are fat, it’s unreasonable to rob from pilots to make them do much harder work.
Two lots of different simulators, route checks and EPs exams/inquisitions is reason enough to say not interested.