PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pre-course entry requirements for teaching for MEP / IR
Old 17th Nov 2019, 13:25
VFR-Seek and Destroy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thx Whopity.

I understand the points you make ( and I’m sure you understood I knew also ).
I currently have a valid UK issued Part FCL CPL aeroplane with SEP, MEP, SPA MEIR, FI rating attached to the licence although never flown professionally ( not strictly true but it keeps things more straightforward ).
I do currently have more than 200 hours given but only for ab-initio PPL instructional ( with a lot of it actually being EX 3 ).

For the 30 hrs PIC pre-course requirement can any of it be when a MEP class rating test ( initial issue, revalidation, renewal ) for successful test pass count to this 30 hr requirement?

30 hrs PIC on a multi is easily achievable in a short timeframe but the part where I will struggle is the IFR time as I never logged IFR time although a good portion of the training I did was under IFR. I could be conservative and go through my logbook and try to work out which flights I’m certain were under IFR but will probably still leave a significant shortfall from the 200.
I suppose I could take a vacation to a country where it’s cheap to rent a single and just simple file and fly IFR in a SEP ( even if it’s in clear blue skies ) for a month to get the IFR hrs.

Just trying to make myself more marketable to these ATOs needing these instructors by having all the necessary requirements met.

Thx,

VFR