PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Long single crew operations
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2019, 07:06
Harry Wayfarers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by atakacs
Not sure this is the "right" section to post.

I was wondering about the legalities/regulations applicable to "long" single crew operations in Europe. For instance, I see that the same crew would operate GVA-FUE-GVA or GVA-TLV-GVA in one "batch". What are the limits ? I guess they are cutting it close if they have any delay during the turnover...
Generally the Flight Duty Period limitations, which includes a pre-flight report period but no post-flight period, that at the optimum report time of day 0800-1300L on one sector 14 hours and then for each additional sector drops by 45 minutes, an afternoon report 13 hours for one sector etc., an early evening report 12 hours etc., a night report 10 hours etc and for a crack of sparrows report 11 hours etc.. ... But it's some 17 years since I've done this so my memoriies might have faded.

In the event of UNFORESEEN circumstances the crew can extend their FDP by, I think, up to 3 hours but if on any particular route there are too many such extensions then the regulatory authority should frown upon it and slap a wrist or few.

Last edited by Harry Wayfarers; 16th Nov 2019 at 07:24.