PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HK Government just doesn't get it
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2019, 10:10
skyboss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Air Profit
Well, firstly it's "non-voter". Secondly, the irony in that statement is laughable. That is actually the crux of the problem, NOBODY really has a vote that counts in HK. It's stitched up by the special interests who are actually allowed to "elect" their leader, already handpicked by Beijing. Thirdly, i've paid more tax in HK than most people earn in a lifetime, so yes, I do have a right to stick my sneb in. Fourthly, I am recently retired, don't work for CX, don't live in HK anymore so I can say what I damn well like. Further, if you read my comments carefully, I wasn't supporting the protestors (and certainly not the extreme bunch of anarchists that are trashing HK), I was saying that the Govt isn't listening or responding to the needs and concerns of its citizens. If they don't soon start, the entire place will crumble. If i'm wrong, then point out where.

ps. I am worried for all my friends and colleagues who are still dependent on the airline, and things need to change quickly if there is to be a future for any tourism related business in HK.
sorry to say , guess you are right , we are dancing on air and this air is getting thinner by the minute