PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HK Government just doesn't get it
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2019, 21:21
Trafalgar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few reflections;

- the experience throughout my career was one of mostly low-level frustration, mixed with uncertainty and fear. It's hard working a career in a place of no real legal foundation or protection.
- lack of control of the roster (and by association, your life) is in hindsight the greatest travesty of my career
- unaccountable management, who waste millions but who daily admonish others to save pennies, with threat to career for non-compliance
- the missed opportunities elsewhere (most of my colleagues, retired or still working other than at CX seem happier with their lot)
- a day back home is worth 3 in HK
- how most of what was considered 'important' by CX is actually fairly mundane, pointless and ultimately worthless. Nothing that seemed important to me then seems of any importance now
- it is not worth persisting with something that you implicitly sense is a mistake. I thought back in the mid-late 90's that I should leave. I wish I had listened to my inner voice
- it is not worth working for an airline that you are neither proud of, nor respect or in fact, does not value you in return
- the only sensible reason to have persisted with a CX career was because of the money. Now, that is certainly not a reason to stay at CX, so almost any other option would prove better, based on all the above.
- you only have one life. Don't live it in regret, fear or loathing. Although I made the best of what CX had to offer, I can say that if I could do it all over again, I would have chosen a different option.

Obviously, the above comments are my own thoughts, and each one of you need to reflect deeply on where you are at, where CX is going, where HK is likely going and predict your future based on that. I know what my conclusion would be. Regardless, I do miss flying with a great bunch of guys/girls, and I wish everyone of you well. Just don't try and flog a dead horse for too long... Traf.