PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia recruitment
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2019, 21:26
KRUSTY 34

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kjvmw
I cringe every time this gets brought up.

What do you think about the rest of the population are doing when they go to university? They don't study for free. They BUY a qualification. And guess what, when they graduate, in order to stay competitive and get further in their career, they go back and spend a hell of a lot more then $6000 on ANOTHER qualification.

I really don't understand everyone's issue with this. It's the same in every industry, yet we are the only ones who seem to complain about it.
There is obviously more than one school of thought on this.

Let me spell out mine.

I entered the airlines without any multi crew experience, real, virtual, or otherwise. My employer was happy (and competent enough) to properly integrate me into the multi crew environment as part of my training. I have always been an average student, but on the whole I encountered no issues. To date I have some 15,000 hours or Multi crew airline experience of which 10,000 hours are as pilot in command.

IMHO the requirement for a multi crew qualification in order to apply is no more than a HR driven, self serving exercise that enables yet another way of relieving hopeful candidates of their money.

They reckon they can’t get suitable candidates. Is it any wonder when more than suitable pilots are passed over because people who haven’t even walked a metre in their shoes are calling the shots.