PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH558 - not good news?
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2003, 21:42
Grob Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Say again… You’re right… she is privately owned, but I feel that with the amount of money that the public have given, there must be some duty (morally, not legally) to see that she’s at least kept in one bit!… Failing to plan, is planning to fail, and I feel that there has been a huge failure to plan in the case!

They have to keep people interested in the project… tell people what’s happening at what time, and keep the web site up to date. The web site they have is great, but it’s gone stale! Look at the site for the lighting that’s being restored in America. That’s what 558 needs. It’s kept up to date, telling people what they still need, what’s been done, and what they still need to do. The Vulcan seems to be resting too much in the lottery. I’m sure it’s not easy to generate the amounts of cash that they need, but they could do more. Get some nice, good quality merchandise to sell (that logo is one of the most uninspiring logo’s I’ve seen!). The reality is that the Vulcan, is one of the most loved aircraft ever made… If it’s managed in the right way, then this project is a gower!!! Go to airshows with a big fat trade stand and sell things to get money. Go to airshows like Waddington, and wander around with a big bucket asking everyone for £1… It won’t take too many shows before you start getting some serious cash! It’s no good expecting people to come to you and give money… That will work to a limited degree, but you have to go out there and ask… Still, I’ve already put this to TVOC, but no one ever bothered to respond… Typical!