PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH558 - not good news?
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2003, 19:17
Grob Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my opinion, the whole project shows a lack of management, and I’d have serious reservations about any aircraft (especially a Vulcan) being flown with poor management.

While I’m not 100% sure on the current state of the project, it’s my understanding that 558 sits in a hangar at Bruntingthorpe with insufficient money to precede and further. Worse still, there’s insufficient money to put her back together again… I’d say that’s poor management… Oh well, maybe we’ll be able to have another big auction like the Concorde one currently going ahead on E-bay! Anyone fancy a Vulcan rudder?!

Why cant she be put back together again if the lottery bid fails? I thought there was a huge team of ex-Vulcan groundcrew working as volunteers at Bruntingthorpe. I have to say, I think the departure of the Vulcan from Bruntingthorpe would seriously compromise the position of Bruntingthorpe as an aircraft ‘museum / restoration centre’

The reality is that the whole thing is a shambles. It’s just a thought, but if the manufacturers are so sure of the project, then why don’t they proceed ahead anyway? Surely it would be a fantastic advert for Bae systems to have a Vulcan flying in the skies under their name?

I’ll get my coat!