PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas’ search for female pilots has led to more workplace harassment - Quartz
Old 10th Nov 2019, 12:25
Sprite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
“sunfish”...you are irrelevant in this area. No experience as a professional pilot. (Very different from a private pilot...apples and oranges)

I’m glad there are many male pilots commenting about the lack of respect us female pilots sometimes get. It helps the troglodytes to realise they’re in the minority. I realise those who think female pilots are getting an advantage in recruitment are the minority...but seriously to those who think this, grow up and realise that women actually can be better candidates. It is possible that the females who are applying are more motivated and more qualified than the males, purely because we have had to fight harder and work harder to get into a position to apply.

Don’t forget we came from schools where the boys studied aviation but it wasn’t allowed for the girls...or where we were told to study “home economics” because that was “what girls should do”. And this happened this year at private schools! So those of us who chose to study in aviation are VERY motivated and very well supported by mentors. I also know by the comments on 121.5 that there are a large number of immature, unprofessional male pilots and I wouldn’t be surprised if it were those who also think women should “be in the kitchen” and not fly. These are the people who should be weeded out...and it is not surprising that they are all immature male voices we hear!