PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Non-Traditional' Aircrew
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2019, 12:35
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by KBW10101
I understand now- so to make it all comparable across the board- award anyone with an airborne role a Flying Badge, and pay them appropriately, and possibly promote them as required? reasonable....

AGE's, Cabin Crew, Air Dispatchers now all be awarded Flying Badges and RRP (Fly)- sounds like a great idea (even if just the badge award as you point out, doesn't have to be pay!)

I 100% agree with AGE's being awarded for the record.
Cabin Crew are aircrew according to the regulator as you quite rightly point out.

I imagine some Pay and Policy experts from HW might be observing this thread and may just do that as a retention inventive possibly

whilst we are at it- Movements operators, RAFP and RAF Regt regularly fly with crew in AM- shall they be awarded too? not to mention Aeromed qualified personnel.

Right! lets just give everyone a Flying Badge unless PAX! not sure where you drawl the line here- Chugalug any ideas? or are you just in the CC corner on this one I wonder?
I don't doubt that you understand all too well, KBW10101, but are determined to remain obtuse. I am only interested in those personnel whose duties require them to fly as part of a normally constituted crew, you know, aircrew!

It is important that all members of a normally constituted crew be accepted by all as aircrew so that they act together as a team despite their varying specialities. That is especially important when faced with emergency, which is the raison d'etre for having cabin crew.

At the moment the recruiting and badging of RAF Cabin Crew signifies that they are not aircrew despite the military air regulator insisting that they are. Such a dichotomy speaks volumes about the RAF's attitude to Air Safety. The MAA is already in thrall to the MOD and fatally compromised by its acceptance of Haddon-Cave's "Golden Period of Airworthiness". The combination of a dysfunctional military air regulator and an obdurate operator is illustrated clearly in this case of military aircrew who are ignored as such by the RAF.

Last edited by Chugalug2; 9th Nov 2019 at 12:51.