PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Non-Traditional' Aircrew
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2019, 10:20
KBW10101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation NOT a Flying Badge

Originally Posted by Chugalug2
LR guessed right, I was referring to RPAS operators. The only point I am making is that if aircrew badges are awarded to those who perform their duties from the ground while denying them to aircrew who perform their duties in the air then that is patently absurd. I don't imply either of the options you attribute to me, I simply point out the illogical dead end that the RAF has got itself into. It's Deja Vu all over again of course. Here is how it all started:-

I understand now- so to make it all comparable across the board- award anyone with an airborne role a Flying Badge, and pay them appropriately, and possibly promote them as required? reasonable....

AGE's, Cabin Crew, Air Dispatchers now all be awarded Flying Badges and RRP (Fly)- sounds like a great idea (even if just the badge award as you point out, doesn't have to be pay!)

I 100% agree with AGE's being awarded for the record.
Cabin Crew are aircrew according to the regulator as you quite rightly point out.

I imagine some Pay and Policy experts from HW might be observing this thread and may just do that as a retention inventive possibly

whilst we are at it- Movements operators, RAFP and RAF Regt regularly fly with crew in AM- shall they be awarded too? not to mention Aeromed qualified personnel.

Right! lets just give everyone a Flying Badge unless PAX! not sure where you drawl the line here- Chugalug any ideas? or are you just in the CC corner on this one I wonder?