PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will the company dob you in?
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2019, 03:34
deja vu

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Edmund Spencer
I'm fairly certain you just have to pass the medical of your own Jurisdiction. This needn't have anything, whatsoever, to do with your HKCAD medical.
For example I recently qualified for an EASA Licence. The medical for this, which I did in Hong Kong concurrently with my HKATPL, had absolutely no connection to the HKCAD.
Yes you do have to pass a medical for each jurisdiction to hold that jurisdiction's medical certificate.

I was granted a HKG licence based on my Australian licence, not my medical certificate, in fact my Australian medical certificate had expired some years before. So for 20 years I did a medical for my HKCAD licence, my Australian medical was never renewed although my AME could have done it for me at the same time, for an additional fee, as he had approval to do medical exams for numerous countries.

But back to the original posters question, neither the HKCAD or the company should be aware if you in fact even hold a medical certificate from your originating country, its not their business.