PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas’ search for female pilots has led to more workplace harassment - Quartz
Old 7th Nov 2019, 21:35
cloudsurfng

Received 75 Likes on 30 Posts
Initially, the recruitment data was not de identified. The recruiters saw applicants of a certain gender being offered positions when they had ranked lower in the process. (This was only a small number). The pilot responsible for the recruiting data made some change that completely de identified the applicants. Shortly after, said pilot was told by HR to de-deidentify 🤯 applicants so that ‘targets’ could be met.

From my experience so far after 18 years in QF, until recently I’ve never flown with a female pilot I didn’t like, or didn’t get along with, and every single one of them deserved their position based on personality, knowledge and skill. Unfortunately, there are 1 or 2 new joiners that have taken it upon themselves to champion women’s rights to such a level that you do sometimes prefer not to speak at all in case you inadvertently say something which someone may find offensive. This is the absolute minority of people. In 18 years, as someone said above, with male counterparts I’ve often considered poking both eyes out with a blunt plastic fork.

moral of the story.....no one will get along with everyone...regardless of gender. So how about we just assume that everyone who got in did so based on merit. It’s easier. Sure, at times throughout QF’s long history, there are people who got in when ranked well down the list of applicants. How can you be so certain you weren’t one of them?