PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAO 48.1 Transition
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2019, 09:55
Pilotette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Shaggs, I’m a small GA charter operator who is already running on the new fatigue rules and appendix 4. Reason being that I applied for my AOC in the timeframe that required me (new AOCs) to “transition“ straight away. There was a template available for my ops manual submission which I used and it was approved. I still have the template so if you’d like me to email it to you just send me a pm and I’ll shoot it through. I haven’t checked if it’s still available online but it sounds like you have to no avail. I would say the reason is that it’s a template for instrument 2013 which means you’ll have to make some changes to it to comply with amended instrument 2016. (I’m guessing perhaps no one at CASA could be bothered amending the template so it was easier to pull it down?) I subsequently made the changes and had it re-approved without any issues. The changes aren’t that onerous to make so I’d use the template and then make the changes. As you say, without a template you don’t know where to start so it certainly made life a lot easier for me. Hope that helps and as I said, happy to send it through. Cheers, P