PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas’ search for female pilots has led to more workplace harassment - Quartz
Old 7th Nov 2019, 06:37
ruprecht

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DutchRoll
The fact that "someone" would know is irrelevant to the original comment
You should re-read what I wrote.

No individual knows whether the quota affected them, but clearly some are there due to a quota, and some others also missed out due to not being the correct gender. No-one knows who it is, and they never will. Does it matter? Probably not.

I just think that when you start veering away from “best person for the job” and start recruiting based on “social responsibility”, you’re opening a can of worms. Imagine if Qantas said “we need to recruit more Catholics...”

Now, for the record, I see no difference between male and female pilots in terms of ability. Of those that I have flown with, some were great, most were good, and some were ****e: just like the blokes. If we want more female pilots we should be actively encouraging them to become pilots so that they make up a greater percentage of applicants for a job, not just recruiting a greater number from a low percentage of applicants.

PS why would you stab your own eye. If you stab the captain we all get a promotion...