PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas’ search for female pilots has led to more workplace harassment - Quartz
Old 6th Nov 2019, 21:24
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gordonfvckingramsay
If women pilots really had any self respect they would reject the quota system and do it the old fashioned way.
Right...... so you seem to have concluded that women pilots have no self respect, which pretty much by default makes you part of the problem here. Exactly how would they "reject the quota system"? Refuse refuse to apply for their dream job, just in case they only got an interview as part of a quota? Wait until they get their acceptance letter and write back threatening not to take the position unless HR disclose to them whether their acceptance was quota-driven (which by default will probably get them an "ok then have a nice life" letter)? Did you even put 30 nanoseconds of thought into that comment?

They do not bloody know if their acceptance was quota driven or not! I have actually sat in the freaking cockpit of a Qantas aircraft during the cruise and been told that exact thing by one of the girls. And it concerned her, understandably, what guys would assume of her mere "presence" in the company.

My response was to the effect of "well as far as I'm concerned you passed the same training course as I did so it's a bit of a moot point - and from the other side, if I sat up all night worrying myself about how certain blokes made it into the company through an imperfect recruitment process, I would never sleep".

Last edited by DutchRoll; 6th Nov 2019 at 21:34.