PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas’ search for female pilots has led to more workplace harassment - Quartz
Old 5th Nov 2019, 23:50
Capt Kremin

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Orange future

“Thats probably true but in my experience a large percentage of women drop by the wayside over the span of the average career. Few seem to want to be 60 year old pilots.”

Several things about this comment. Firstly, perhaps you could provide some data to support this claim instead of just using your “experience”. And secondly……so what if women want to retire earlier than men. Hats off to them.

“those most loudly decrying these quotas are the old school female pilots.”

Just to be clear, QF do not use quotas in the employment process and have not indicated an intention to do so.
A 20% recruitment "target" when the percentage of female CPL holders in Australia is low single digit, is a quota by any other name.

60% of the female pilots, from a smallish number, who joined ahead of me had voluntarily departed QF before the age of 50. Many below me ( and I cannot quote exact numbers) have done the same. I wasn't criticising their decision to leave, just noting it. I believe it's primarily a life balance thing. Good on them.