PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying School Owner makes AFR rich list
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2019, 15:48
Okihara

Location: Currently: A landlocked country with high terrain, otherwise Melbourne, Australia + Washington D.C.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding that article in The Australian and the issue of repeats, one my former flight instructors used to work previously for Soar before he finally called it a day and jumped ships. I picked his brain on this, obviously, as he had first hand information. He named the "student rip-off culture" as the number one reason why he decided to change operators. Instructors were allegedly told to limit taxi speeds, spend extra time in the run-up bays, all on top of the very limited TAS of their Foxbat fleet. Also instructors had to come up with bogus reasons to repeat lessons. I can't verify his claims but the integrity of the man whom I really hold in high esteem is untarnished in my records.

As for signing up for a 150h course on Foxbat/Vixen/Bristell: just imagine how desperate you would be once you get a certain understanding of the system

I know it's no option for foreign students but going the nonintegrated pathway is so much safer than tying yourself to a single school, and price-wise very similar if you build your hours on aircraft beyond those that schools offer.