PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots vote to strike
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2019, 08:16
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bex88
The issues we face and complain about are not pay, let’s accept the pay deal and then open up discussions separately regarding the real issues that matter. Rostering, fatigue, pilot establishment, report times after leave for example.
It’s early so I’d need a coffee before looking at the Maths of the 8.5% figure you’ve come up with but I suspect like many I’d disagree very strongly with incorporating your annual increment into this .... probably for obvious reasons.

As far as your idea of putting pay to one side and now opening discussions about all the other gripes (and I’d agree with everything on your list)...if this current dispute does come unravelled over the next few days we need to ask ourselves exactly what leverage are BALPA going to be left with hold the line on all other aspects of T&Cs?

For example if BA now turns around and says, actually, no we won’t enter into debate about rostering, it’s legal so JSS stays as it is, quite what credible weapons have BALPA now got left in the arsenal?