PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots vote to strike
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2019, 07:53
bex88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let’s look where we came from. 1 year pay deal 2.3% and nothing else. We now have what I would say is a fair pay offer. I do not know of anyone else getting a deal like ours. 8.5% (including the sign on bonus) increase in January with 4% of that back dated to January 19. Add your incremental pay to that in the year and it’s roughly 10%!!!

The other elements have seen improvement too. Ok not industry leading but still a improvement. Flight pay plus 10%, TAFB, pension etc etc. Duty rig improvement, RPI protection of some sort at least.

I do not see continuing strikes achieving anything. The issues we face and complain about are not pay, let’s accept the pay deal and then open up discussions separately regarding the real issues that matter. Rostering, fatigue, pilot establishment, report times after leave for example.

Hopefully those who took action get their staff travel back but hands up we all knew what we were doing when, if we decided to take action. The one thing I really do think needs to be sorted is the level of deductions levelled at those who took action.

Who knows, if the election goes the wrong way we may need this extra money just to pay more tax........there are bigger problems out there than a 8.5% pay rise.