PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas’ search for female pilots has led to more workplace harassment - Quartz
Old 5th Nov 2019, 03:08
dr dre

Received 360 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by Flyboy1987
Maybe the amount of females that apply to the amount that get in, let’s take it one further and compare assessment day results. I know girls that have came out of sims crying (some laughing) as they believe they‘ve just butchered every component of their sim...had their letter of offer a few weeks later.

What's your point? I've known plenty of male pilots (myself included) who've also come out of an assessment believing that we've stuffed it up and don't have a chance of getting the job, but then were successful. Maybe we're just humble and too hard on how we performed for such an important event?

And plenty of pilots (male and female) who've come out of a recruiting assessment loudly proclaiming they totally aced it, and are guaranteed of a job. And when the rejection letter arrives it wasn't their fault, the recruiters were too biased/stupid/blind to see their obvious brilliance...

Last edited by dr dre; 5th Nov 2019 at 03:24.