PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advanced UPRT
Thread: Advanced UPRT
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2019, 15:51
parkfell

de minimus non curat lex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by P40Warhawk
Another BS course. Just to increase revenue and profits to flight schools. More money to be sucked out of students pockets. And for what? In every airline you get theoretical training and training for UPRT in sim. I seriously dont see the point of do that stuff in a SEP.

Fist years ago we got MCC. A course which is ACTUALLY useful.

Then like 7 yrs ago the JOC. Which in my opinion stuff you learn in one of first sessions anyway during TR.

Then we got the APS which is ALMOST a whole TR and costs in many cases almost the same. With result. You just have some certificate which is NOT a TR anyway.
. 🤢. Pfff.
To quote an old hand when I was in my youth “IF YOU THINK TRAINING IS EXPENSIVE WAIT UNTIL YOU HAVE AN ACCIDENT”

Under CAP509 prior to JAR and EASA, the UK CAA approved a CPL/IR syllabus for British Aerospace Flying College, Prestwick where, what is now described as UPRT, was taught together with spinning and the 5 basic aerobatic manoeuvres. The AS202 Bravo, a wonderful Swiss aerobatic aircraft was used for those under training.
Not only did it give confidence, in the most unlikely event an unusual attitude were to occur, then your training would “kick in”.
For those having a bitch and a moan simply fail to appreciate the benefit delivered by this new (reintroduced) course. Read the first paragraph again.......