PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Non-Traditional' Aircrew
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2019, 20:09
Chugalug2

Received 234 Likes on 72 Posts
Once again you illustrate my point better than I can, LJ. Once again thank you. It is little wonder that such attitudes exist when it is common knowledge that recruitment is from amongst Messing Staff. The difference between a Mess and an aircraft should be clear enough to aircrew at least. One moves with very considerable speed and contains large quantities of highly inflammable fuel, the other is for tearing to pieces and paying for the damage on your Mess Bills. Mess Staff are indeed for feeding and watering you, and clearing up the Mess later (see what I just did there?). Cabin Crew are for saving your life, particularly in an emergency evacuation, whether you want them to or not. When they are not doing that they can indeed feed and water you.

The logic of your posts suggest that you are in denial, but then it seems so is the RAF. You are welcome to your own opinions, the RAF is not. It needs to abide by the mandated instructions of the Regulatory Authority which annoyingly insists that Cabin Crew are Aircrew. Aircrew are awarded Brevets so that there is no doubt that they are Aircrew. It seems there is much doubt on that score. It needs to be corrected.

Cabin Crew are Aircrew! Get used to the idea!