PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF LCC to recruit externally..
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2003, 04:22
The_Cutest_of_Borg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Rape of '92?

Emotive language there LL.

Of course there is the counterview that the events of '92 are the longterm reason that QF shorthaul pilots didn't follow (or preceed!) their AN counterparts down the fiscal gurgler! But lets not let facts get in the way of a good whinge.

Your other point, reiterated by others on this forum, that AIPA did not support the AFAP during '89 begs a few questions.

With it not being AIPA's dispute, and a ban on secondary boycott's being in place, just what support did they expect? I have posed that question a few times on this forum and never recieved a reply.

Did you expect QF pilots to resign en-masse in support of a dispute that they were not involved in? I don't recall any request to do so at the time, with AFAP being so confident of its tactics.

I was flying 767's around at the time and know the level of domestic passengers we were carrying.... F..ALL!

So tell me, what support was realistically expected and not delivered?

As far as the topic is concerned, the issue of the LCC is one that is deeply troubling to the rank and file of AIPA. They are making their concerns known to the COM.

If this issue is not enough to force action from AIPA, nothing will.

Putatively, it does not affect people such as myself. However the thin end of the wedge is truly recognised. If the career path of every AIPA member below the rank of 767 Captain is to be maintained, anything less than flying the LCC aircraft at current 737 rates would be a disaster for AIPA.

The precedent would be set and the way shown for transferring aircraft such as the A330 to the LCC ... and who knows what else?

The line in the sand has been drawn.

..and another thing...

Can you explain how a pilot who was knocked back from Qantas in '87 achieved a 737 command in Qantas two years before longhaul pilots who joined in that year?

This pilot is now an A330 Captain, gaining access to that aircraft before any LH pilots did.

So who is being raped here?