PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737NGs have cracked 'pickle forks' after finding several in the jets.
Old 31st Oct 2019, 15:14
UltraFan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kiwi grey
"Boeing had previous thought the cracks were only occurring on aircraft with over 35,000 landings, the issue has now been identified on two Qantas aircraft with as few as 27,000 landings and Qantas are yet to inspect the majority of its 737 fleet." (emphasis added)
Steve Purvinas, Federal Secretary of the Australian Licensed Aircraft Engineers Association
Oh, it gets better. MUCH better.
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...nd-737-461920/

Quntas's response (quote): The Oneworld carrier says it "rejects the alarmist claims" for grounding made by the engineers' association which, it argues, are "irresponsible and completely inconsistent with advice from regulators and the manufacturer".

So Qantas trusts the "regulators" and "manufacturer" who both have JUST been caught cooking the books and making Powerpoint presentations to rectify the death of 346 people, but dismisses their own country's engineers who actually know what they are saying, as "irresponsible".

The tone of this statement itself is simply outrageous. Even if Mr. Whoever doesn't like unions, he should've chosen his words A LOT more carefully. I'm an adventurous person and I like risky bets. But not for any money in the world would I post a response like that just a few months after two deadly disasters that were caused by managers not listening to engineers. If something happens to any of Qantas's 737s (and I sure hope it doesn't), this is not just a PR disaster, this is a guaranteed social death. The events of the past few months got me thinking that maybe Qantas is not led by as smart people as they thought they were.