PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advanced UPRT
Thread: Advanced UPRT
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2019, 12:46
P40Warhawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by greeners
The Advanced UPRT requirement FCL.745.A is specifically On-aircraft training and cannot be delivered in a Sim. My organisation Ultimate High is one of a number that will be able to deliver this course.

And yes, anybody commencing a Type Rating after 20th December - in 52 days - WILL need to have completed an FCL.745.A programme.
Another BS course. Just to increase revenue and profits to flight schools. More money to be sucked out of students pockets. And for what? In every airline you get theoretical training and training for UPRT in sim. I seriously dont see the point of do that stuff in a SEP.

Fist years ago we got MCC. A course which is ACTUALLY useful.

Then like 7 yrs ago the JOC. Which in my opinion stuff you learn in one of first sessions anyway during TR.

Then we got the APS which is ALMOST a whole TR and costs in many cases almost the same. With result. You just have some certificate which is NOT a TR anyway.

And to make training even MORE expensive now the UPRT.

Airlines better change their point of view regarding Automation. Especially going straight from Flightschool to Airbus job with MAX automation instead of a little bit more freedom with Handflying. THAT is where accidents come from. By getting more chance to do hand flying and Raw Data makes you a better pilot. Accidents such as AF447 was preventable if they just still knew basic flying skills.

Of course you can do that raw data flying preferably on smaller airports. Big int. Airports is not nice for your PM. But honestly I also notice it that not many cpts like it when I tell then I want to do some raw data. All autopilot is preferred. Sad actually for the above mentioned reasons.

Summary: EASA and the flights schools playing the same game to help each other creating more revenue aka profit. And for what? For actually nothing. I feel sorry for the newbees.

Nevertheless doing for fun Aerobatic training is nice to do I think. But as a requirement. 🤢. Pfff.