PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE Oxford - Contracts for 2020
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2019, 18:25
DIaero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I received some mixed opinions at CAE Madrid. Regarding the contracts situation they seemed to still be uncertain, at least that's what they said, and they actually said it is not a good time to start training because the airlines are reorganising the positions available and don't know what's gonna be next.

It is a bit aside from the main topic but also concerning CAE. I am planning to enrol in the CAE Vueling Cadet Programme and, when in Madrid, I felt like I was trying to be convinced to enrol in the MPL with Easyjet over the Integrated ATPL and the other courses.

I personally think that getting into an MPL with Easyjet is a good option and you might have a job secured, but in the other hand you are limited to that airline for a long time because you are instructed according to their job ethics and philosophy.

That's why I consider the Vueling Cadet program is better for some reasons, worse for others:
- It costs, in the end, around 15k euros less than the Easyjet MPL, because it includes accommodation, transportation and flights to all 3 schooling locations, and the EJ MPL only includes it in Phoenix, AZ;
- It also puts you toward a job with Vueling after you finish, considering you have the required results;
- Even though you'll be making around 2k net in the 1st year, you'll have the bonuses, etc and the following years you will probably get a raise. Also Vueling has a good reputation and seems stable so far (if I'm not misinformed);
- By being an ATPL course you're free to choose another airline after your contract is over which I consider being something really good if you intend to join a bigger and better airline in or outside Europe, or at least try to;
- It is true that at Easyjet you'll be making more money straight away but, again, you have to stick with them and maybe you don't know at this point (before beginning your training) if you'll want to work at EJ forever. Also, British Airways is the only airline recruiting from EJ (I was told by CAE), which means your path will be either sticking with Easyjet or after some time, luckily, moving to BA, which might not be easy, but it all depends on your success.

I've read a lot about CAE and L3 and my opinion is that L3 is not in good terms, not even in Portugal, so I'm not considering this school. Regarding CAE, many people say that it is more about the money and that those who go there think they are entitled to something better and greater, which I think shouldn't be the case, but simply because paying more for its reputation and connections might help you get a job faster having in consideration that you actually worked hard and are one of the best.

I just want to make it clear that I am also a bit uncertain on what to do and so I am simply expressing my thoughts, which may be wrong or not suitable for some, but that's why we have these forums, so that we can comment on things and give our opinions.